Speaker to address volunteer opportunities abroad
January 18, 2013
Grass Valley resident Shelley Drievold will host an information session on Cross-Cultural Solutions, a nonprofit organization that hosts volunteer opportunities overseas. Drievold, who volunteered through the program in Lima, Peru, will share her experiences and provided information. CCS programs offer a unique experience that combines volunteer work, cultural activities and free time — allowing volunteers to fully immerse themselves in a different culture. Programs are available from one to 12 weeks. Opportunities are available in such countries as Brazil, China Costa Rica, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Morocco, Peru, Russia, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand and others.
The presentation will be from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. on Jan. 18 at the Madelyn Helling Library, 908 Helling Way in Nevada City.
For more information, visit http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local