Speaker to address volunteer opportunities abroad
January 18, 2013
Grass Valley resident Shelley Drievold will host an information session on Cross-Cultural Solutions, a nonprofit organization that hosts volunteer opportunities overseas. Drievold, who volunteered through the program in Lima, Peru, will share her experiences and provided information. CCS programs offer a unique experience that combines volunteer work, cultural activities and free time — allowing volunteers to fully immerse themselves in a different culture. Programs are available from one to 12 weeks. Opportunities are available in such countries as Brazil, China Costa Rica, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Morocco, Peru, Russia, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand and others.
The presentation will be from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. on Jan. 18 at the Madelyn Helling Library, 908 Helling Way in Nevada City.
For more information, visit http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance