Speaker to address volunteer opportunities abroad
January 18, 2013
Grass Valley resident Shelley Drievold will host an information session on Cross-Cultural Solutions, a nonprofit organization that hosts volunteer opportunities overseas. Drievold, who volunteered through the program in Lima, Peru, will share her experiences and provided information. CCS programs offer a unique experience that combines volunteer work, cultural activities and free time — allowing volunteers to fully immerse themselves in a different culture. Programs are available from one to 12 weeks. Opportunities are available in such countries as Brazil, China Costa Rica, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Morocco, Peru, Russia, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand and others.
The presentation will be from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. on Jan. 18 at the Madelyn Helling Library, 908 Helling Way in Nevada City.
For more information, visit http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Craft Guild’s ‘Winterfaire’ this weekend at Nevada County Fairgrounds
- E-waste fundraiser at Union Hill School Dec. 10
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation