Spaghetti feed Sunday to benefit Robertson
April 1, 2013
There will be a spaghetti feed and silent auction from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday to raise funds for Daniel Robertson. The local resident and Nevada Union High School grad became paralyzed from the waist down in a motorcycle accident on Highway 49 near Placerville.
Sunday's event will raise funds to help outfit Robertson's house, said organizer Mimi Simmons.
Insurance doesn't cover the costs modifications to his living space to accommodate a wheelchair — such as a ramp to the door and kitchen design.
"We want to give Daniel the ability to continue on living independently," Simmons said.
The Robertson family owns businesses in the area and has given a lot to the community through the years. This is a chance for the community to give back to the family, she added.
Robertson has a great attitude and is a good kid, Simmons said.
He is currently in rehabilitation in Roseville.
Tickets for Sunday's spaghetti feed and silent auction are $10. It will be at the Nevada City Elks Lodge, 518 Highway 49 in Nevada City.
For information or to help, contact Simons at 530-362-0010 or by email at Mimi@mimisimmons.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo