South of the border feast in Grass Valley
February 19, 2014
No need to travel farther than the Grass Valley United Methodist Church (236 S. Church St.) to satisfy your craving for a delicious Mexican meal. On Friday, Lunch at the Crossroads will provide the community with beef and bean burritos, Spanish rice, garden salad and dessert.
Doors open at 11:45 a.m. and lunch is served until 1 p.m. Guests will not only receive a free hot, scrumptious, taste-tingling culinary delight, but will also be invited to help themselves to free groceries and gently-used clothing. Why eat alone when you can enjoy a community meal with others? Tell your friends and bring an appetite.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site