South American fundraiser at the NSJ Senior Center
February 7, 2013
Take your Valentine to South America and enjoy a fabulous gourmet dinner, but never go any further than the North San Juan Senior Center. You can,
because on Saturday, February 16, Edison Zapata presents “Dinner in Colombia,” a full-course dinner of Edison’s favorite foods from his homeland in Colombia. Featured on the menu will be braised beef in a savory sauce, fried plantains, a traditional beet salad, and inspired desserts. A glass of South American wine comes with the dinner, as well as other drink selections. There will also be a vegetarian selection. Those of you who missed our now famous Buck Stew dinner, and for those of you who did not, here is an opportunity to once again enjoy the culinary skills of a master chef, creating from his heart.
The Colombian Dining Adventure begins at 6 p.m. on Saturday, February 16, admission by ticket only. Tickets are $25 per person, and are available at Mother Truckers and The Ridge Stop Café, and also available from various North San Juan Senior Center Members. Seating is limited, so do pick up your tickets right away, before they sell out. The North San Juan Senior Center is located on Route 49.
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping