South American fundraiser at the NSJ Senior Center
February 7, 2013
Take your Valentine to South America and enjoy a fabulous gourmet dinner, but never go any further than the North San Juan Senior Center. You can,
because on Saturday, February 16, Edison Zapata presents "Dinner in Colombia," a full-course dinner of Edison's favorite foods from his homeland in Colombia. Featured on the menu will be braised beef in a savory sauce, fried plantains, a traditional beet salad, and inspired desserts. A glass of South American wine comes with the dinner, as well as other drink selections. There will also be a vegetarian selection. Those of you who missed our now famous Buck Stew dinner, and for those of you who did not, here is an opportunity to once again enjoy the culinary skills of a master chef, creating from his heart.
The Colombian Dining Adventure begins at 6 p.m. on Saturday, February 16, admission by ticket only. Tickets are $25 per person, and are available at Mother Truckers and The Ridge Stop Café, and also available from various North San Juan Senior Center Members. Seating is limited, so do pick up your tickets right away, before they sell out. The North San Juan Senior Center is located on Route 49.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed