Soroptimists to host 20th Annual Spring Garden Tour
February 13, 2013
Mark your calendars now for the 20th Annual Spring Garden Tour, hosted by Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills (SISF), scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, May 18 and 19. This event is a self-guided tour of six privately-owned gardens in Grass Valley, Nevada City and Penn Valley. Gardens are open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the cost is $20 in advance or $25 at the garden gate. Tickets go on sale in early March. Wear comfortable shoes, bring a hat, and don't forget your camera on this four-to-five hour excursion.
The Garden Tour is the primary fundraiser of Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills, a global women's service organization supporting women and children in our community and abroad. The monies raised from the garden tour contribute to the health and well-being of those in need of opportunity and hope. Past groups that have been supported include Hospice, Grad nights, Hospitality House, Kare Crisis Nursery, Read Me a Story, Pal Program, Friendship Club, The Cinderella Project and many more. Please help us by sponsoring the garden tour so that we may reach out to more people in need! For more information, call Linda Sanderson at 530-273-7989 or email email@example.com to become a sponsor TODAY and discuss sponsorship benefits. For more information about the Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills, visit http://www.SierraSoroptimist.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor