Soroptimists to host 20th annual Garden Tour
February 11, 2013
Mark your calendars now for the 20th annual Spring Garden Tour hosted by Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills, scheduled for, May 18 and 19.
This event is a self-guided tour of six privately owned gardens in Grass Valley, Nevada City and Penn Valley.
Gardens are open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the cost is $20 in advance or $25 at the garden gate. Tickets go on sale in early March.
Wear comfortable shoes, bring a hat and don't forget your camera on this four- to five-hour excursion.
The Garden Tour is the primary fundraiser of Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills, a global women's service organization supporting women and children in our community and abroad. The money raised from the garden tour contributes to the health and well-being of those in need of opportunity and hope. Past groups that have been supported include hospice, grad nights, Hospitality House, Kare Crisis Nursery, Read Me a Story, Pal Program, Friendship Club, The Cinderella Project and many more.
Please help us by sponsoring the garden tour so that we may reach out to more people in need! For information, call Linda Sanderson at 530-273-7989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to become a sponsor today and discuss sponsorship benefits.
For information about the Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills, visit http://SierraSoroptimist.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier