Soroptimists seeking applicants for The Women’s Opportunity Award
November 7, 2013
The Women's Opportunity Award, a Soroptimist International Federation of the Americas Program, provides financial awards to women who make extraordinary efforts to change their circumstances. Some prior winners have escaped domestic violence, overcome severe health issues and made life-changing efforts with the help of Soroptimists.
The award is given at club level and entered in the Sierra Nevada Region competition. That winner competes on the federation level. The local level gives $1,000 to the awardee and the amount increases at each level.
The applicants must be a head of household, currently enrolled in or registered for in school and must live in Nevada County. Three local clubs, SI Grass Valley, SI Nevada City and SI of the Sierra Foothills, will each give an award. Please go online to SIGV to get an application and learn more. Entries must be received by Dec. 15, 2013. Please call Bunny Parcher at 273-3895 with any questions. You may send applications to SIGV, P.O. Box 663, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)