Soroptimists seeking applicants for The Women’s Opportunity Award
November 7, 2013
The Women's Opportunity Award, a Soroptimist International Federation of the Americas Program, provides financial awards to women who make extraordinary efforts to change their circumstances. Some prior winners have escaped domestic violence, overcome severe health issues and made life-changing efforts with the help of Soroptimists.
The award is given at club level and entered in the Sierra Nevada Region competition. That winner competes on the federation level. The local level gives $1,000 to the awardee and the amount increases at each level.
The applicants must be a head of household, currently enrolled in or registered for in school and must live in Nevada County. Three local clubs, SI Grass Valley, SI Nevada City and SI of the Sierra Foothills, will each give an award. Please go online to SIGV to get an application and learn more. Entries must be received by Dec. 15, 2013. Please call Bunny Parcher at 273-3895 with any questions. You may send applications to SIGV, P.O. Box 663, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball