Soroptimists seeking applicants for The Women’s Opportunity Award
November 7, 2013
The Women’s Opportunity Award, a Soroptimist International Federation of the Americas Program, provides financial awards to women who make extraordinary efforts to change their circumstances. Some prior winners have escaped domestic violence, overcome severe health issues and made life-changing efforts with the help of Soroptimists.
The award is given at club level and entered in the Sierra Nevada Region competition. That winner competes on the federation level. The local level gives $1,000 to the awardee and the amount increases at each level.
The applicants must be a head of household, currently enrolled in or registered for in school and must live in Nevada County. Three local clubs, SI Grass Valley, SI Nevada City and SI of the Sierra Foothills, will each give an award. Please go online to SIGV to get an application and learn more. Entries must be received by Dec. 15, 2013. Please call Bunny Parcher at 273-3895 with any questions. You may send applications to SIGV, P.O. Box 663, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location