Soroptimists accepting proposals for mini grants
February 12, 2013
The Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills' Service Club announces an opportunity for non-profit 501(c)(3) agencies or organizations to apply for capital and operational mini-grants for up to $5,000 for direct service programs which improve the lives of women and children in our local community and throughout the world. Proposals should be consistent with Soroptimist's mission that includes, but are not restricted to: economic and social development, education, environment, health, human rights, or international goodwill and understanding. Total available funding is $5,000.
The proposals are due by March 8, 2013. Approved grants will be awarded on April 5, 2013.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville