Soroptimists accepting proposals for mini grants
February 12, 2013
The Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills' Service Club announces an opportunity for non-profit 501(c)(3) agencies or organizations to apply for capital and operational mini-grants for up to $5,000 for direct service programs which improve the lives of women and children in our local community and throughout the world. Proposals should be consistent with Soroptimist's mission that includes, but are not restricted to: economic and social development, education, environment, health, human rights, or international goodwill and understanding. Total available funding is $5,000.
The proposals are due by March 8, 2013. Approved grants will be awarded on April 5, 2013.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth