Soroptimists accepting proposals for mini grants
February 12, 2013
The Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills' Service Club announces an opportunity for non-profit 501(c)(3) agencies or organizations to apply for capital and operational mini-grants for up to $5,000 for direct service programs which improve the lives of women and children in our local community and throughout the world. Proposals should be consistent with Soroptimist's mission that includes, but are not restricted to: economic and social development, education, environment, health, human rights, or international goodwill and understanding. Total available funding is $5,000.
The proposals are due by March 8, 2013. Approved grants will be awarded on April 5, 2013.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed