Soroptimists accepting proposals for mini grants
February 12, 2013
The Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills' Service Club announces an opportunity for non-profit 501(c)(3) agencies or organizations to apply for capital and operational mini-grants for up to $5,000 for direct service programs which improve the lives of women and children in our local community and throughout the world. Proposals should be consistent with Soroptimist's mission that includes, but are not restricted to: economic and social development, education, environment, health, human rights, or international goodwill and understanding. Total available funding is $5,000.
The proposals are due by March 8, 2013. Approved grants will be awarded on April 5, 2013.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- INSERVICE: U.S. Air Force Airman Trevor J. Kellogg
- Three day yard sale at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire