Soroptimist scholarships awarded to Nevada County women
May 11, 2017
Soropitmist International of the Sierra Foothills recently annouced their annual 2017 Spring Scholarships Awards.
Catherina Rosevear was the recipient of the $2,000 "Live Your Dream Award," which is given to a woman who has had to postpone her education due to extenuating circumstances and has found the strength and determination to reconnect to her educational goals.
Community Service awards in the amount of $650 were awarded to Junet Bedayn, Courtney Ande-McCullough, Kelsey Arvidson, Sarah Brennan, Jessical Pugel and Sara McCormack. These awards are given to Nevada County high school students who have been recognized for their outstanding service in the community. Many of these students have organized their own unique service projects, and have made a positive impact on adults and children throughout the county.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor