Soroptimist funding applications now available
February 27, 2014
Soroptimist Youth and Women’s Committees have announced applications for funding for this year. Interested groups working with women and children can contact Fran Freedle at firstname.lastname@example.org for youth and Lenda Welz at email@example.com for women’s issues. Applications are due March 15.
Soroptimist International of Grass Valley, in partnership with Sierra College Foundation NCC, will present “A Day for Women” on April 5 at the Nevada County Campus. The event, featuring 28 classes in the area of personal growth, creativity, food, gardening, technology and bodywork, will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and include lunch, shopping and networking. Seating is limited to 200. Early purchase of tickets is recommended. Online registration at http://www.sierracollege.edu/foundation or by calling 530-277-8377.
Trending In: News Briefs
- YRCS Education Foundation ‘Fun Run’ partners with Sierra Harvest
- Drone View: Nevada City’s brilliant fall colors captured over Pioneer Park Sunday
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) wait list is open
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County teachers awarded grants for classrooms