Soroptimist funding applications now available
February 27, 2014
Soroptimist Youth and Women's Committees have announced applications for funding for this year. Interested groups working with women and children can contact Fran Freedle at firstname.lastname@example.org for youth and Lenda Welz at email@example.com for women's issues. Applications are due March 15.
Soroptimist International of Grass Valley, in partnership with Sierra College Foundation NCC, will present "A Day for Women" on April 5 at the Nevada County Campus. The event, featuring 28 classes in the area of personal growth, creativity, food, gardening, technology and bodywork, will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and include lunch, shopping and networking. Seating is limited to 200. Early purchase of tickets is recommended. Online registration at http://www.sierracollege.edu/foundation or by calling 530-277-8377.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier