Soroptimist funding applications now available
February 27, 2014
Soroptimist Youth and Women's Committees have announced applications for funding for this year. Interested groups working with women and children can contact Fran Freedle at firstname.lastname@example.org for youth and Lenda Welz at email@example.com for women's issues. Applications are due March 15.
Soroptimist International of Grass Valley, in partnership with Sierra College Foundation NCC, will present "A Day for Women" on April 5 at the Nevada County Campus. The event, featuring 28 classes in the area of personal growth, creativity, food, gardening, technology and bodywork, will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and include lunch, shopping and networking. Seating is limited to 200. Early purchase of tickets is recommended. Online registration at http://www.sierracollege.edu/foundation or by calling 530-277-8377.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Flea market at Bear River High this Saturday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit