Soroptimist completes President’s Project for KARE Crisis Nursery
December 26, 2012
On Sept. 20, immediate past president of Soroptimist International of Grass Valley Heather Smee-Fosburg accepted congratulations on the completion of her yearlong President's Project — the Barnyard Playroom at the KARE Crisis Nursery. During the unveiling of the bright and beautiful room, Heather thanked Director Lynn Woerner, Woerner's husband Chuck, Dee Dee Brownell, Esther Flynn, Tammy Good and her SIGV colleagues for their hands-on and other support for her project. Lynn Woerner and Smee-Fosburg collaborated to turn a basic living room into an interactive learning environment for the children of KARE.
The most prominent new feature is a barn whose doors open to reveal a large chalkboard ready for all kinds of fun! Over the fireplace is a commemorative painting by Smee-Fosburg's granddaughter-friendly barnyard creatures below the room and club's name. Another highlight of the evening was the dedication of the "cuddle chair" to the memory of SIGV life member Sibley Hansen. The chair has proved to be a huge favorite of staff and children. Soroptimist International of Grass Valley is proud of its role in starting KARE, members serving on the KARE board and contributing to KARE's service to the community.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance