Soroptimist completes President’s Project for KARE Crisis Nursery
December 26, 2012
On Sept. 20, immediate past president of Soroptimist International of Grass Valley Heather Smee-Fosburg accepted congratulations on the completion of her yearlong President's Project — the Barnyard Playroom at the KARE Crisis Nursery. During the unveiling of the bright and beautiful room, Heather thanked Director Lynn Woerner, Woerner's husband Chuck, Dee Dee Brownell, Esther Flynn, Tammy Good and her SIGV colleagues for their hands-on and other support for her project. Lynn Woerner and Smee-Fosburg collaborated to turn a basic living room into an interactive learning environment for the children of KARE.
The most prominent new feature is a barn whose doors open to reveal a large chalkboard ready for all kinds of fun! Over the fireplace is a commemorative painting by Smee-Fosburg's granddaughter-friendly barnyard creatures below the room and club's name. Another highlight of the evening was the dedication of the "cuddle chair" to the memory of SIGV life member Sibley Hansen. The chair has proved to be a huge favorite of staff and children. Soroptimist International of Grass Valley is proud of its role in starting KARE, members serving on the KARE board and contributing to KARE's service to the community.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton