Sierra Theaters donates to South Yuba River Parks Association
November 21, 2013
Sierra Theaters has donated $1,600 to the South Yuba River Parks Association to help fund its efforts to restore the Bridgeport Bridge.
This donation is a portion of the proceeds from the Classic Movie series held in September at the Del Oro Theatre in Grass Valley.
Classic Movies on the Big Screen at the Del Oro Theatre has raised funds in past years for the mural project on the Del Oro building and the Nevada County Library.
This year, the series benefited the South Yuba River Park Association's restoration effort on the covered bridge at Bridgeport.
The 150-year-old covered bridge at the South Yuba River State Park is the longest single-span wooden covered bridge in the world, and it is in desperate need of repair.
The bridge is closed even to pedestrians now because of safety concerns, and engineers have determined that the bridge is in danger of total collapse.
More information about SYRPA's efforts in collaboration with the California State Parks Foundation can be found at http://www.southyubariverstatepark.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance