Sierra Nevada Children’s Services partners with the county Dept. of Social Services
June 28, 2013
Sierra Nevada Children's Services will soon complete another year of providing financial support to residents of Nevada County, in partnership with the county's Department of Social Services for Stage I Child Care in the CalWorks program. This partnership provides financial support for child care to those who are eligible. By providing this support, recipients are able to pursue gainful employment or educational endeavors to enhance their lives and move toward independence.
Through the first 11 months of this fiscal year, a total of 162 families and 245 children received services through this program. Approximately $330,000 in payments is projected for the entire year. Without this program, many families would have been unable to make strides toward moving toward the goal of not having to utilize this service at all.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death