Sierra Nevada Children’s Services partners with the county Dept. of Social Services
June 28, 2013
Sierra Nevada Children's Services will soon complete another year of providing financial support to residents of Nevada County, in partnership with the county's Department of Social Services for Stage I Child Care in the CalWorks program. This partnership provides financial support for child care to those who are eligible. By providing this support, recipients are able to pursue gainful employment or educational endeavors to enhance their lives and move toward independence.
Through the first 11 months of this fiscal year, a total of 162 families and 245 children received services through this program. Approximately $330,000 in payments is projected for the entire year. Without this program, many families would have been unable to make strides toward moving toward the goal of not having to utilize this service at all.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Flea market at Bear River High this Saturday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations