Sierra County Animal Relief Parade and Christmas raffle
December 26, 2012
The Holiday Pet Parade, sponsored by the Sierra County Animal Relief Fund, invites all pet owners to bring their festively dressed pets to this fun-filled event. The parade will take place at 1 p.m. Saturday in front of Sierra Hardware in downtown Downieville. Everyone is welcome, and all entrants will receive a Petco gift card. Please have your pet on a leash or lead rope or otherwise contained. Please make sure that all young animals have their first set of vaccinations.
The Animal Relief Fund will have a raffle drawing with a great list of prizes. The drawing will take place after the parade winners are announced. Tickets are one for $1, six for $5 or $20 for your height in tickets. For tickets, call Rachel at (530) 289-2720 email email@example.com. To view a current list of prizes, see ARF's website, http://www.animalrelieffund.net.
Since beginning in 2009, ARF has helped 94 households in Sierra County. Twenty-six families received help with the cost of veterinary visits; more than 120 animals received pet food (including a chicken and other birds); and spaying and neutering were funded for 28 families with multiple pets. The donations received from the public — and from this holiday event — allow us to continue funding these much needed services in Sierra County. Spaying and neutering helps keep the pet population and the stray population down in our county.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier