Sheriff: Calif. burglar was using sauna
January 29, 2013
SAN ANDREAS — Authorities in Northern California say a man arrested in nothing but a trench coat and socks after a break-in told investigators he had been using the homeowner's sauna.
Calaveras County sheriff's deputies arrested 49-year-old Robert London this week after they responded to a report of a burglary at a home in San Andreas. He pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges of burglary and possession of stolen property.
Sheriff's Sgt. Chris Hewitt says arriving deputies found the homeowner on top of a nearly naked London on the driveway.
The homeowner said he discovered London going through his kitchen cabinets and chased him out the door.
Hewitt says London told investigators he thought the house was vacant, and he had used the sauna there in the past.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week