Seen Jane “Doer” to speak to AAUW
April 10, 2014
Elisa Parker, co-founder, president and host of See Jane Do, will be the guest speaker at the April AAUW Nevada County Branch meeting on Saturday, April 19. Parker will share stories, insights and experiences related to the award-wining See Jane Do social change multimedia organization and the "everyday women who are doing extraordinary things." See Jane Do provides tools for and spotlights women who are putting their "passion into action." Parker is also an award-winning producer, reporter, writer, activist and KVMR talk radio host.
Free and open to the public, the AAUW Nevada County Branch meeting will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on April 19 at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 West Main St., Grass Valley. The program begins at 10 a.m.
AAUW membership is open to individuals with an associate, baccalaureate or higher degree from a qualified educational institution. For individuals who do not meet the educational requirement but are interested in participating in branch interest groups and other activities, the Nevada County ranch offers "Friends of AAUW" membership. For more than 75 years, the AAUW Nevada County branch has been striving to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. For more information, visit http://www.nevadacounty-ca.aauw.net or call 530-470-9395.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)