Second county official in 2 weeks resigns post
November 28, 2012
A second Nevada County department head has resigned his position in as many weeks, according to a memo released Friday by County Executive Officer Rick Haffey.
Wesley Nicks has announced his resignation as director of the Department of Environmental Health effective Dec. 7.
"He has accepted the position of Director of Environmental and Public Health in the Placer County Health and Human Services Department," Haffey's memo reads. "This will be a newly reorganized department in Placer County, which will also include Animal Control."
The resignation of Karen Milman, Nevada County's director of public health and the health officer, was announced in last Friday's memo, taking effect in December.
Milman is leaving to accept a position as the prevention division director at the Seattle and King County Public Health Department in Washington state, Haffey said in the previous memo.
Because the Friday memo is disseminated at the end of the business day, Haffey and other county officials were unable to be reached at the county's administrative office. In Nicks' six years with Nevada County, he showed leadership overseeing and enhancing the county's Environmental Health programs, Haffey's memo states.
Nicks brought management and implementation of numerous mandated programs to the local level, enhancing county control of these programs, Haffey said. He also monitored and controlled the growth of programs to ensure their success with limited staff resources and improved customer service and satisfaction during his tenure.
"We will miss his leadership and contributions," Haffey said. "We wish him the best in his future endeavors."
The Community Development Agency is working closely with Nicks on a plan to ensure a smooth transition, Haffey noted.
To contact Staff Writer Christopher Rosacker, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 477-4236.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Free glaucoma and vision screenings for ‘Community Involvement Day’ on July 31
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws