SARTA to host PowerUP event in Grass Valley
June 8, 2013
The Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance (SARTA) is holding PowerUP in Grass Valley on June 26, for clean and ag tech companies, the community and investors.
This event is the final of three organized by SARTA's CleanStart program, co-hosted by Sierra Commons and the Nevada County Economic Resource Council.
Participants will showcase wares on tables and get feedback on their clean and ag tech products, have the opportunity to film a one-minute promotional video about their company or product for posting on the CleanStart Virtual Expo, and meet potential investors, partners and service providers.
In the latest CleanStart Progress Report, it was revealed Sacramento region clean tech revenues in 2012 grew by 29 percent to over $2.1 billion, while employment grew by 31 percent to more than 3,200. Both marks are all-time highs for the region's clean tech sector.
CleanStart has a long-term goal to bring 10,000 new clean-tech jobs and $5 billion in additional revenue to the Sacramento region.
In addition, T3 will be collecting used toner and ink cartridges for recycling from all attendees.
The event will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on June 26 at Esterly Hall, 336 Crown Point Circle, Grass Valley.
For more information, visit http://www.sarta.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana