SARTA to host PowerUP event in Grass Valley
June 8, 2013
The Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance (SARTA) is holding PowerUP in Grass Valley on June 26, for clean and ag tech companies, the community and investors.
This event is the final of three organized by SARTA's CleanStart program, co-hosted by Sierra Commons and the Nevada County Economic Resource Council.
Participants will showcase wares on tables and get feedback on their clean and ag tech products, have the opportunity to film a one-minute promotional video about their company or product for posting on the CleanStart Virtual Expo, and meet potential investors, partners and service providers.
In the latest CleanStart Progress Report, it was revealed Sacramento region clean tech revenues in 2012 grew by 29 percent to over $2.1 billion, while employment grew by 31 percent to more than 3,200. Both marks are all-time highs for the region's clean tech sector.
CleanStart has a long-term goal to bring 10,000 new clean-tech jobs and $5 billion in additional revenue to the Sacramento region.
In addition, T3 will be collecting used toner and ink cartridges for recycling from all attendees.
The event will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on June 26 at Esterly Hall, 336 Crown Point Circle, Grass Valley.
For more information, visit http://www.sarta.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier