Salvation Army welcomes new officers to Grass Valley
July 17, 2013
The Salvation Army has welcomed Lieutenants Sidney and Reyna Salcido as the new corps officers in Grass Valley. The Salcidos officially assumed their new roles on July 3. The couple has replaced Majors Donald and Martha Sheppard, as the outgoing officers have moved to a new assignment in Tacoma, Wash.
Coming into their first appointment as corps officers, the Salcidos will be the pastors of The Salvation Army's church service and will oversee the social service programs, youth programs and church ministries.
For more information, visit http://www.gosalarmy.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed