Salvation Army welcomes new officers to Grass Valley
July 17, 2013
The Salvation Army has welcomed Lieutenants Sidney and Reyna Salcido as the new corps officers in Grass Valley. The Salcidos officially assumed their new roles on July 3. The couple has replaced Majors Donald and Martha Sheppard, as the outgoing officers have moved to a new assignment in Tacoma, Wash.
Coming into their first appointment as corps officers, the Salcidos will be the pastors of The Salvation Army's church service and will oversee the social service programs, youth programs and church ministries.
For more information, visit http://www.gosalarmy.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana