“safeTALK” suicide alertness for everyone
September 20, 2013
Residents have another opportunity to learn how to build "Suicide-Safer Communities" in the Colfax area at workshops today
The Sierra Vista Community Center, 55 School St., is hosting a free basic workshop to raise suicide awareness. The first workshop will be from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The same workshop will be repeated from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m..
This is an educational workshop that will help community members learn to recognize the signs when someone is thinking about suicide, including how to keep the person safe and how to connect them with people who can help.
That information empowers folks as friends and family members with tools for being helpful when a situation arises. Several months ago, Colfax was touched by a suicide of a popular business man. The safeTALK workshops are presented free by Madrigal Training Services as a community resource. They are co-sponsored by Sierra Vista Community Center, GE Training Solutions and LivingWorks.
For more information and to register, contact Madrigal at 530-346-7042 or visit http://www.madrigaltraining.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County