“safeTALK” suicide alertness for everyone
September 20, 2013
Residents have another opportunity to learn how to build "Suicide-Safer Communities" in the Colfax area at workshops today
The Sierra Vista Community Center, 55 School St., is hosting a free basic workshop to raise suicide awareness. The first workshop will be from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The same workshop will be repeated from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m..
This is an educational workshop that will help community members learn to recognize the signs when someone is thinking about suicide, including how to keep the person safe and how to connect them with people who can help.
That information empowers folks as friends and family members with tools for being helpful when a situation arises. Several months ago, Colfax was touched by a suicide of a popular business man. The safeTALK workshops are presented free by Madrigal Training Services as a community resource. They are co-sponsored by Sierra Vista Community Center, GE Training Solutions and LivingWorks.
For more information and to register, contact Madrigal at 530-346-7042 or visit http://www.madrigaltraining.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana