Sac Bee photojournalist to speak to camera club
April 11, 2014
Randall Benton, award-winning photographer, will be the featured speaker at the Nevada County Camera Club meeting at 6:30 p.m. April 28. As a photojournalist, Benton will be sharing examples of how he tells stories with his photos, as well as the considerations he uses to tell those stories when on assignment.
Benton has been a photographer for 40 years, a professional photographer for over 25 years and a staff photographer with the Sacramento Bee newspaper for 17 years.
He has photographed a wide variety of subjects and the diverse cross-section of life in Northern California, including the NBA, NFL, PGA and WBC; Stephen Hawking; Arnold Schwarzenegger; Elton John; the pope; surgeons; teachers; cops and murderers. He has shot from helicopters, inside tiger cages, in underwater caves and on movie sets.
During the second half of the meeting, camera club members will showcase their photos as judges critique their submissions to help improve their photography. Categories for submitted photos include: black and white, color, nature-landscapes, nature-wildlife, travel, technical, photojournalism and the monthly feature.
The camera club meets at the Unity in the Gold Country Spiritual Center, 180 Cambridge Court, Grass Valley.
The public is welcome and the meeting is free. For more information, visit http://www.nccameraclub.com/Joomla-1.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier