Rough and Ready sponsors T-shirt contest
November 28, 2012
The Rough and Ready Chamber of Commerce is encouraging Nevada County residents to unleash their creativity. The organization has announced the launch of a contest to design a new T-shirt to promote the historic town.
The contest, which runs through Jan. 31, 2013, is open to everyone.
The winning designer will receive a cash award of $100, three of the finished T-shirts and invaluable bragging rights. Rough and Ready T-shirts have been proudly worn across the country and around the world. Complete rules and a submission form may be downloaded from http://www.roughandreadychamber.com, by contacting the Rough and Ready Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (530) 432-1227.
Jazzercise class free on Thanksgiving Day
Jazzercise is offering a free, team-taught fitness class at 9 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
Classes are at 126 S. Auburn St. in Grass Valley, above Caroline’s Coffee Roasters. For more information, call (530) 470-0441.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location