Rough and Ready sponsors promotional T-shirt contest
December 26, 2012
The Rough and Ready Chamber of Commerce is encouraging Nevada County residents to unleash their creativity. The organization has announced the launch of a contest to design a new T-shirt to promote the historic town. The contest, which runs through Jan. 31, 2013, is open to everyone — professionals, students and talented artists and graphic designers.
The Chamber of Commerce has for many years produced T-shirts which are sold as a fundraiser at its annual Secession Days and Chili Cook-off events. For 2013, the organization determined to solicit ideas and designs from throughout western Nevada County and beyond.
The winning designer will receive a cash award of $100, three of the finished T-shirts and invaluable bragging rights. Rough and Ready T-shirts have been proudly worn across the country and around the world.
The rules are simple: The organization is looking for a design that says Rough and Ready through text or art (but not photography) that can be silkscreened using not more than 3 colors. Camera-ready digital format is preferred, but not required.
Where possible, the Chamber will make available digital art elements to assist with designs. Following the Jan. 31 entry deadline, a panel from the Chamber of Commerce will select the winner and T-shirts will be produced for sale at the June 30 Secession Days celebration.
Complete rules and a submission form may be downloaded from http://www.roughandreadychamber.com or by contacting the Rough and Ready Chamber of Commerce at email@example.com or calling (530) 432-1227.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Free glaucoma and vision screenings for ‘Community Involvement Day’ on July 31
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws