Rotary Duck Race winner takes home $5,000
September 9, 2013
Steve Enos of Grass Valley is the $5,000 grand-prize winner of the 22nd annual Gold Country Duck Race, which took place Sunday afternoon on Deer Creek in Nevada City.
Enos' winning ticket matched the number of the racing duck that emerged from a field of several thousand toy ducks to take top honors in annual event, which is hosted as part of Nevada City's Constitution Day weekend celebration.
Winning the $1,000 second prize was Jeff Erb of Lake Wildwood, while the $500 third-place prize went to Rey Johnson of Grass Valley. Many other cash and merchandise prizes were also awarded. The Grass Valley accounting firm McSweeney & Associates won the sponsors race.
The duck race is sponsored by the 49er Breakfast Rotary Club of Nevada City. The race is the club's largest annual fundraiser, providing financial assistance to numerous school, youth and community groups.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier