Roadwork planned for Grass Valley’s E. Main, S. Auburn and Eureka streets
January 18, 2013
Grass Valley is notifying drivers of a couple routes that will be impacted by workers over the next day.
The traffic signal at the intersection of East Main and South Auburn streets will be non-operational for replacement of a traffic signal pole from 7 p.m. to midnight today.
The traffic control system at East Main and South Auburn streets should allow public traffic to pass without delay the majority of the time that the work is in progress, the city said in a statement.
Any delays should be minimal to the traveling public, as every effort will be made to accommodate motorists in a timely manner, city officials noted.
Additionally, Eureka Street, between Washington and Harper streets, will be closed to through traffic for underground utility work starting today until Jan. 18.
Weather permitting, the closure will take place between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Access to residences on Eureka Street will be maintained; however, through traffic will be required to use an alternate route.
The traffic signal at the intersection of East Main Street and Dorsey Drive will be in flashing red mode for utility work from midnight to 10 a.m. Jan. 19.
Motorists are cautioned to observe all construction signs and the instructions of on-site personnel.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death