Register now for the 7th annual barbecue battle
July 2, 2013
It's time to show off your backyard barbecue skills in the 7th Annual United Way of Nevada County BBQ Battle from 5 to 7 p.m. Aug. 22 in the Gold Miners Inn/Holiday Inn Express parking lot.
Backyard competitors are encouraged to show off their barbecue skills using any kind of cooker or grill. Each competitor will be provided a 10-foot by 10-foot area.
There will be prizes for the winners, raffles and music. Barbecue team registration is currently taking place.
There will be two judging categories — one decided by the those attending the barbecue and the other will be decided by a small group of "critic's choice" judges.
Think you have what it takes to compete against last year's winners? Come share your talents; download an entry form from http://www.uwnc.org and register your team today. If you can't compete, maybe you can help by sponsoring a team or the event.
All proceeds from this event will go into United Way of Nevada County's Community Impact Fund. The impact fund is currently being allocated toward three specific areas: education, income and health. The United Way of Nevada County's mission is to improve lives by directing community resources to community needs.
For more information or to register your team, visit http://www.uwnc.org or call 530-274-8111.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier