June 13, 2013
The Tapestry Network of Nevada County has earned a "Raising Star" award from the American Cancer Society for the funds raised online prior to the recent Relay for Life event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. By conclusion of the event, "Team BAMMER" earned the next level award for more than $2,500 raised. The nationwide Christian Business Women's Organization is dedicated to cross-marketing each other's businesses with networking opportunities and serving the community. It is an entirely volunteer-run organization. As of the "Relay" event, the organization surpassed the entire 2012 giving record with more than $6,700 raised in 2013 for Nevada County's nonprofits. More than 30 ladies participated in the Relay. For information about The Tapestry Network of Nevada County, visit http://nevadacountybamtapestry.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana