Public retirement systems topic of public meeting
April 9, 2014
The League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County invites the public to a public forum titled "Public Pension Funding 101" on Saturday, April 12. Refreshments will be served at 9:30 a.m. and the program begins at 10 a.m. at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 West Main St., Grass Valley.
Basic terms and concepts will be discussed by panelists regarding public retirements systems, the structure of each retirement system and how each is financed. There will also be a question and answer period.
The guest speakers are:
— Dennis Casella, retired Nevada County employee, member of the Retired State Employees Association and the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
— Gretchen Zeagler, communications strategist for the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
— Carmelle Soto, consultant for Federal Retirement and Benefits
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grass-roots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages. The monthly meetings are free.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Donations being accepted for Dr. Martin medical scholarship