Public retirement systems topic of public meeting
April 9, 2014
The League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County invites the public to a public forum titled “Public Pension Funding 101” on Saturday, April 12. Refreshments will be served at 9:30 a.m. and the program begins at 10 a.m. at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 West Main St., Grass Valley.
Basic terms and concepts will be discussed by panelists regarding public retirements systems, the structure of each retirement system and how each is financed. There will also be a question and answer period.
The guest speakers are:
— Dennis Casella, retired Nevada County employee, member of the Retired State Employees Association and the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
— Gretchen Zeagler, communications strategist for the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
— Carmelle Soto, consultant for Federal Retirement and Benefits
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grass-roots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages. The monthly meetings are free.
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping