President of Original Sixteen-to-One Mine to speak Tuesday
May 3, 2013
Mike Miller, President of the Original Sixteen-to-One Mine will speak on "Three Centuries of Gold Mining" at 7 p.m., May 7, at the Nevada County Gem & Mineral Society meeting. He will cover some of the history of the mine, the geology of it, and bring us up to date on current operations and more. The meeting will be at the Golden Empire Grange, 11363 Grange Court in Grass Valley. General membership meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Visitors are always welcome.
For more information, visit http://www.ncgms.org or call Lori Woodhall, President, at 530-432-1750.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council