President of Original Sixteen-to-One Mine to speak Tuesday
May 3, 2013
Mike Miller, President of the Original Sixteen-to-One Mine will speak on "Three Centuries of Gold Mining" at 7 p.m., May 7, at the Nevada County Gem & Mineral Society meeting. He will cover some of the history of the mine, the geology of it, and bring us up to date on current operations and more. The meeting will be at the Golden Empire Grange, 11363 Grange Court in Grass Valley. General membership meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Visitors are always welcome.
For more information, visit http://www.ncgms.org or call Lori Woodhall, President, at 530-432-1750.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Free glaucoma and vision screenings for ‘Community Involvement Day’ on July 31
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws