President of Original Sixteen-to-One Mine to speak Tuesday
May 3, 2013
Mike Miller, President of the Original Sixteen-to-One Mine will speak on "Three Centuries of Gold Mining" at 7 p.m., May 7, at the Nevada County Gem & Mineral Society meeting. He will cover some of the history of the mine, the geology of it, and bring us up to date on current operations and more. The meeting will be at the Golden Empire Grange, 11363 Grange Court in Grass Valley. General membership meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Visitors are always welcome.
For more information, visit http://www.ncgms.org or call Lori Woodhall, President, at 530-432-1750.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)