President of Original Sixteen-to-One Mine to speak Tuesday
May 3, 2013
Mike Miller, President of the Original Sixteen-to-One Mine will speak on "Three Centuries of Gold Mining" at 7 p.m., May 7, at the Nevada County Gem & Mineral Society meeting. He will cover some of the history of the mine, the geology of it, and bring us up to date on current operations and more. The meeting will be at the Golden Empire Grange, 11363 Grange Court in Grass Valley. General membership meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Visitors are always welcome.
For more information, visit http://www.ncgms.org or call Lori Woodhall, President, at 530-432-1750.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier