Presentation on renowned architect Julia Morgan at North Star House in Grass Valley
May 8, 2017
The Gold Country Chapter of the Cal Alumni Association and the North Star House are co-sponsoring a presentation entitled, "Julia Morgan, Architect and Engineer," from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. on May 21 at the North Star House, located at 12075 Auburn Road, off McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. A tour and lunch will be included.
The North Star House is a 10,000 square foot home designed in 1905 by the renowned architect Julia Morgan, California's first female architect. Built in the arts and crafts style, the home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house is located on a portion of the former North Star Mine, a 14-acre site near the Nevada County Fairgrounds. The North Star House is owned and operated by the North Star Historic Conservancy. To make a reservation, visit http://TheNorthStarHouse.org or call 530-477-7126. Tickets are $23 for GCCAA and North Star members and $28 for non-members.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to the North Star Historic Conservancy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor