Presentation on renowned architect Julia Morgan at North Star House in Grass Valley
May 8, 2017
The Gold Country Chapter of the Cal Alumni Association and the North Star House are co-sponsoring a presentation entitled, "Julia Morgan, Architect and Engineer," from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. on May 21 at the North Star House, located at 12075 Auburn Road, off McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. A tour and lunch will be included.
The North Star House is a 10,000 square foot home designed in 1905 by the renowned architect Julia Morgan, California's first female architect. Built in the arts and crafts style, the home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house is located on a portion of the former North Star Mine, a 14-acre site near the Nevada County Fairgrounds. The North Star House is owned and operated by the North Star Historic Conservancy. To make a reservation, visit http://TheNorthStarHouse.org or call 530-477-7126. Tickets are $23 for GCCAA and North Star members and $28 for non-members.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to the North Star Historic Conservancy.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier