Presentation on climate change to take place Tuesday
May 23, 2013
Presentation on climate change on Tuesday
The Rev. Sharon Delgado has developed a presentation on the topic of climate change and will introduce it Tuesday at the Nevada City United Methodist Church. In Delgado's presentation, she will show that Delgado, the executive director of local nonprofit Earth Justice Ministries, has been speaking and writing about climate change for 25 years. She is a trained presenter with the Climate Reality Project (http://climaterealityproject.org) and will incorporate some of their slides into her presentation.
This program is sponsored by the Nevada City United Methodist Church and Society Committee.
The presentation will be 7-8:30 p.m., Nevada City United Methodist Church, 433 Broad St., Nevada City.
For information, call Delgado at 530-265-5976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
— The Union staff
Woman finds bear cub
on kitchen counter
DUARTE — Officials say a woman in a Los Angeles suburb found a bear cub sitting on her kitchen counter.
A Los Angeles county sheriff's statement says the department received a 911 call Wednesday from the woman, who said the bear had climbed through her window and she had locked herself in a bathroom. Deputies and an animal control officer arrived and found the cub on the counter eating. They left the door open and made noises to scare the bear, who eventually ran out and into surrounding forest area. The bear was estimated to be a year old.
— Associated Press
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed