Possible drowning victim identified as Alta Sierra man
May 7, 2013
A man who was seen falling out of a canoe in Fuller Lake Monday morning has been identified as John Holt, 82, of Alta Sierra.
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out to recover Holt's body after a witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. Monday to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not resurfacing.
Cal Fire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter was called out, Royal said.
It is not known if Holt's fall from the canoe and subsequent death was accidental or whether there was a contributing medical condition, Royal said Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- 1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site