Possible drowning victim identified as Alta Sierra man
May 7, 2013
A man who was seen falling out of a canoe in Fuller Lake Monday morning has been identified as John Holt, 82, of Alta Sierra.
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out to recover Holt's body after a witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. Monday to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not resurfacing.
Cal Fire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter was called out, Royal said.
It is not known if Holt's fall from the canoe and subsequent death was accidental or whether there was a contributing medical condition, Royal said Tuesday.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Sierra Nevada Canoe and Kayak Club open to new members
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Collision on Highway 49 near Alta Sierra Drive injures 2, ties up traffic all day Friday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations