Possible drowning victim identified as Alta Sierra man
May 7, 2013
A man who was seen falling out of a canoe in Fuller Lake Monday morning has been identified as John Holt, 82, of Alta Sierra.
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out to recover Holt's body after a witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. Monday to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not resurfacing.
Cal Fire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter was called out, Royal said.
It is not known if Holt's fall from the canoe and subsequent death was accidental or whether there was a contributing medical condition, Royal said Tuesday.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed