Possible drowning victim identified as Alta Sierra man
May 7, 2013
A man who was seen falling out of a canoe in Fuller Lake Monday morning has been identified as John Holt, 82, of Alta Sierra.
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out to recover Holt's body after a witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. Monday to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not resurfacing.
Cal Fire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter was called out, Royal said.
It is not known if Holt's fall from the canoe and subsequent death was accidental or whether there was a contributing medical condition, Royal said Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations