Possible drowning victim identified as Alta Sierra man
May 7, 2013
A man who was seen falling out of a canoe in Fuller Lake Monday morning has been identified as John Holt, 82, of Alta Sierra.
The Nevada County Sheriff's dive team was called out to recover Holt's body after a witness called 911 at about 10 a.m. Monday to report that an elderly man in a canoe was seen falling into the lake and not resurfacing.
Cal Fire responded and the California Highway Patrol helicopter was called out, Royal said.
It is not known if Holt's fall from the canoe and subsequent death was accidental or whether there was a contributing medical condition, Royal said Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws