Pine Tree Quilt Guild
August 28, 2014
The Pine Tree Quilt Guild will resume their normal meeting schedule after a summer break. The group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at Grass Valley Charter School, 225 S. Auburn St. in Grass Valley. Guests are always welcome to come meet the wide variety of quilters who live in the area and learn about the activities and opportunities the Guild provides.
The guest speaker on Tuesday, Sept. 2 will be Carrie Ann Fondi, a renowned teacher of the art of Hawaiian applique. Fondi will discuss how this unique approach to quilting was developed in the islands in the early 1800s. She will also share stories of the evolution of the art and the meanings behind the patterns, as well as the superstitions and taboos in making them. On Sept. 3, Fondi will teach a workshop on Hawaiian quilting, either students' patterns or one of hers available at meliaquilts.com. For more information on the workshop, contact Kathleen Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-346-1415.
Monthly home workshops are offered free by the Guild to introduce members to new patterns and techniques. For more information, visit http://www.pinetreequiltguild.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier