PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
May 17, 2017
The Nevada County chapter of PFLAG, or Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, will host the first community screening of the National Geographic presentation, "Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric," at 7 p.m. on May 23 at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, located at 246 South Church Street in Grass Valley. PFLAG was able to obtain the film from National Geographic, which is encouraging community screenings throughout the country and abroad.
"I am proud of our role in bringing a discussion about gender to the forefront," said National Geographic's editor in chief, Susan Goldberg in the DVD's accompanying handbook. "Our award-winning news team will expand on the coverage with videos, interactives, a glossary, and maps — including a first-of-its-kind map that takes a look at the legality of gender change around the globe. And I hope our footprint as the number one non-celebrity brand on social media will spark thoughtful conversations around the world."
The screening will take place at 7 p.m., after PFLAG'S two support groups, both of which begin at 6 p.m. One group is designed for families, friends, allies, and LGB+ folks and a second group for the transgender folks. Both groups are open to all ages and everyone is invited to attend. There is no fee to attend the screening. For more information please contact Pat Rose at 530-277-0489.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier