Pennies Drive to benefit Hospice of the Foothills
June 24, 2013
Four times a year, a Penny Drive takes place at various locations in Nevada County for two days. Friends of Hospice Volunteer members sit at tables in front of local merchants collecting monies and giving out information about Hospice services.
All monies collected at the Pennies Drive by Friends of Hospice go directly to Hospice of the Foothills, which has been meeting the needs of patients and families in western Nevada County and the surrounding communities for more than 30 years. The HOF Compassionate Care Home is the only state-licensed, Medicare-certified, in-patient residence in the region providing round-the-clock licensed hospice care, supportive (palliative) care, respite and end-of-life services.
When you see the Friends of Hospice Penny Drive table outside the various merchant stores, please stop by and say hello. The volunteers have information that you may have been looking for, and they will be happy to share it with you. Those who have some change to spare are encouraged to drop it in the jar, as it adds up and can help local patients and families. For information, contact Friends of Hospice at 530-274-5121.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier