Penn Valley town hall meeting Tuesday
January 18, 2013
The Penn Valley Area Chamber of Commerce will be presenting its 5th Annual Town Hall Meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 22, It will be held in the Seventh Day Adventist Church Community Hall, located at 17645 Penn Valley Drive, Penn Valley. This is an opportunity to hear a variety of speakers talk about what's going on in the community, and bring residents up-to-date on current issues and programs.
First up will be our key note speaker Hank Weston, District 4 County Supervisor. Hank will address the County's budget challenges and other major policy issues that affect our area.
Sheriff Keith Royal will address the recently adopted marijuana ordinance and realignment issues that have affected counties statewide relative to last year's action by the State to release certain prison inmates to county jurisdiction. The County Director of Public Works, Steve Castleberry, will be there to discuss future road and sewer treatment projects that affect Penn Valley residents.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth