Penn Valley park district seeks board member
September 19, 2013
The Western Gateway Recreation and Park District is announcing a vacancy on the board of directors.
Vice Chairman Chris Garrison has relocated to Roseburg, Ore., according to a press release from Barry Pruett.
"Since his election to the board of directors and appointment as vice chairman, Garrison worked tirelessly on behalf of the residents of our district in order to continue the level of service at the park to which our residents have grown accustomed," Pruett said.
"Chris will be sorely missed both by the directors of the park district and by our local residents."
Western Gateway Recreation and Park District is the crown jewel of Penn Valley and has loyal fans of all ages, Pruett said.
All 87 acres are open to the public with facilities including a stage pavilion, picnic pavilions, large lawn areas, rustic amphitheater, and Buttermaker's cottage; the park hosts many festivals, concerts and functions each year.
These amenities also make the park an excellent venue for weddings, parties and fundraisers. For families, it has playgrounds, picnic tables, barbecue pits, a swimming creek and more.
For additional recreation, the park has six bocce courts, a highly rated disc golf course, four baseball fields, basketball court, horse shoe pits, tennis courts, hand ball, walking paths and trails. It even has an off-leash dog park.
If you are interested in being on the board of directors of the Western Gateway Recreation and Park District or have any questions about the board of directors, contact Pruett by phone at 530-205-9727 or by email at Barry.Pruett@westerngatewaypark.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death