Penn Valley Fire board to discuss adjusting fire fees
March 28, 2013
The board of directors for the Penn Valley Fire Protection District will meet Tuesday to discuss adjusting fees and special taxes.
Items on the agenda include a discussion on adjusting the fee for the Fire Suppression Benefit Assessment District, which allows the district to adjust the fee based on changes to the Consumer Price Index from the previous calendar year, not to exceed 3 percent. The index for 2012 is 2.1 percent. The board will also discuss adjusting the rate for the special tax for rescues, which also can be adjusted based on the Consumer Price Index.
The board also is set to discuss an agreement with Lexipol for assistance in writing district policies; the first-year cost is estimated as just more than $6,000.
The board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Station No. 43, 10513 Spenceville Road. For information, call 530-432-2630.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana