Penn Valley Fire board to discuss adjusting fire fees
March 28, 2013
The board of directors for the Penn Valley Fire Protection District will meet Tuesday to discuss adjusting fees and special taxes.
Items on the agenda include a discussion on adjusting the fee for the Fire Suppression Benefit Assessment District, which allows the district to adjust the fee based on changes to the Consumer Price Index from the previous calendar year, not to exceed 3 percent. The index for 2012 is 2.1 percent. The board will also discuss adjusting the rate for the special tax for rescues, which also can be adjusted based on the Consumer Price Index.
The board also is set to discuss an agreement with Lexipol for assistance in writing district policies; the first-year cost is estimated as just more than $6,000.
The board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Station No. 43, 10513 Spenceville Road. For information, call 530-432-2630.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance