Penn Valley appointments available at mobile health clinic
February 14, 2013
Western Sierra Medical Clinic (WSMC) is providing medical appointments from the WSMC mobile health van in Penn Valley once a month from the Penn Valley Fire Station.
"As a nonprofit community health center, our mission is to ensure that every individual has access to quality healthcare. Our mobile unit brings medical services to remote areas where individuals may not have ample transportation or the physical ability to get to other appointments," says Dr. Frank Lang, Jr., chief medical officer at Western Sierra Medical Clinic.
Appointments will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the second Monday of each month.
WSMC's Penn Valley services are provided by Dr. Celia Sutton-Pado, an physician with over 20 years of experience in family practice. She is fluent in Spanish, and has expertise in a broad spectrum of health areas including diabetes, pediatrics and women's health.
The mobile health van can be utilized for a variety of health services, including general check-ups, immunization, teen clinic, blood draw, pediatric appointments, and most other medical concerns or conditions.
Advance and same-day appointments are available, with walk-in or minor urgent care accepted based on availability. For information on making an appointment, call 530-274-9762.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic accepts Medicare, Medi-Cal and most commercial insurances. A sliding fee is provided based on family income. WSMC is a non-profit community health center dedicated to providing quality health care for all. For more information about WSMC, visit http://www.wsmcmed.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death