Pedestrian seriously injured by Jeep
November 20, 2013
A man walking on the shoulder of Old Tunnel Road was seriously injured when a vehicle failed to negotiate a curve in the road and struck him.
Anthony Wood, 55, was walking southbound on the shoulder, and was off the road, at the time of the accident at about 2 p.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone.
The driver of the vehicle, a young man whose identity was not available as of press time, failed to negotiate a curve, went off the road and struck Wood, Tassone said.
Wood was transported via helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with moderate to major injuries. His condition was not available at press time, but Tassone said he was expected to survive.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table