Pedestrian seriously injured by Jeep
November 20, 2013
A man walking on the shoulder of Old Tunnel Road was seriously injured when a vehicle failed to negotiate a curve in the road and struck him.
Anthony Wood, 55, was walking southbound on the shoulder, and was off the road, at the time of the accident at about 2 p.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone.
The driver of the vehicle, a young man whose identity was not available as of press time, failed to negotiate a curve, went off the road and struck Wood, Tassone said.
Wood was transported via helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with moderate to major injuries. His condition was not available at press time, but Tassone said he was expected to survive.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say