Pedestrian seriously injured by Jeep
November 20, 2013
A man walking on the shoulder of Old Tunnel Road was seriously injured when a vehicle failed to negotiate a curve in the road and struck him.
Anthony Wood, 55, was walking southbound on the shoulder, and was off the road, at the time of the accident at about 2 p.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone.
The driver of the vehicle, a young man whose identity was not available as of press time, failed to negotiate a curve, went off the road and struck Wood, Tassone said.
Wood was transported via helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with moderate to major injuries. His condition was not available at press time, but Tassone said he was expected to survive.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- 1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site