Pedestrian seriously injured by Jeep
November 20, 2013
A man walking on the shoulder of Old Tunnel Road was seriously injured when a vehicle failed to negotiate a curve in the road and struck him.
Anthony Wood, 55, was walking southbound on the shoulder, and was off the road, at the time of the accident at about 2 p.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone.
The driver of the vehicle, a young man whose identity was not available as of press time, failed to negotiate a curve, went off the road and struck Wood, Tassone said.
Wood was transported via helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with moderate to major injuries. His condition was not available at press time, but Tassone said he was expected to survive.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor