Pedestrian seriously injured by Jeep
November 20, 2013
A man walking on the shoulder of Old Tunnel Road was seriously injured when a vehicle failed to negotiate a curve in the road and struck him.
Anthony Wood, 55, was walking southbound on the shoulder, and was off the road, at the time of the accident at about 2 p.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone.
The driver of the vehicle, a young man whose identity was not available as of press time, failed to negotiate a curve, went off the road and struck Wood, Tassone said.
Wood was transported via helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with moderate to major injuries. His condition was not available at press time, but Tassone said he was expected to survive.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death