Peace recruiting workshop an alternative to military service
March 7, 2013
Do you want to make a lasting change in your family, community and the world? Join us for an introductory Peace Recruiting Workshop for community volunteers. Learn about how to interact with students and facility in our local high schools by providing information to students who want to serve their country through careers that promote peace and justice as alternatives to military service.
The public, including parents, high school students, grandparents, retired teachers and counselors, Veterans and peace activists are encouraged to attend. The workshop is scheduled for 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 16 at the Peace Center of Nevada County, 216 B Main St. in Nevada City.
There is a suggested donation of $10 (but no one will be turned away for lack of funds).
To pre-register, call Lily Marie at 530-265-0200 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom