Peace recruiting workshop an alternative to military service
March 7, 2013
Do you want to make a lasting change in your family, community and the world? Join us for an introductory Peace Recruiting Workshop for community volunteers. Learn about how to interact with students and facility in our local high schools by providing information to students who want to serve their country through careers that promote peace and justice as alternatives to military service.
The public, including parents, high school students, grandparents, retired teachers and counselors, Veterans and peace activists are encouraged to attend. The workshop is scheduled for 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 16 at the Peace Center of Nevada County, 216 B Main St. in Nevada City.
There is a suggested donation of $10 (but no one will be turned away for lack of funds).
To pre-register, call Lily Marie at 530-265-0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Photography exhibit: amateur and professional photographers wanted
- Grass Valley spaghetti dinner to benefit transplant donor and recipient
- Raley’s makes donation to Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- Caltrans talks Highway 49 concept: Center barrier, roundabouts on corridor
- General manager of Nevada Irrigation District clarifies comments about marijuana grows