Peace recruiting workshop an alternative to military service
March 7, 2013
Do you want to make a lasting change in your family, community and the world? Join us for an introductory Peace Recruiting Workshop for community volunteers. Learn about how to interact with students and facility in our local high schools by providing information to students who want to serve their country through careers that promote peace and justice as alternatives to military service.
The public, including parents, high school students, grandparents, retired teachers and counselors, Veterans and peace activists are encouraged to attend. The workshop is scheduled for 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 16 at the Peace Center of Nevada County, 216 B Main St. in Nevada City.
There is a suggested donation of $10 (but no one will be turned away for lack of funds).
To pre-register, call Lily Marie at 530-265-0200 or email email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Free glaucoma and vision screenings for ‘Community Involvement Day’ on July 31
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws