Organization fosters leadership among girls
March 19, 2013
Last year, the Leadership Council of the Friendship Club hosted its first Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser and Raffle. A few adult mentors provided guidance, but the girls did all the work. This year, one of their own stepped up to take on the leadership of this event as her senior project. Friendship Club senior Jasmine Aebersold has been leading her peers through the planning of the event and will continue to do so until the completion of the event.
The Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser will be from 5 to 8 p.m. March 29 in the dining room of the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Tickets may be purchased at http://friendshipclub.org. To-go orders will be available as well. In addition to a dinner of spaghetti, salad, bread, dessert and drink, there will be a raffle of local donated items.
For information, contact Denise Tambasco at 530-264-4311 or visit http://.friendshipclub.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County