Organization fosters leadership among girls
March 19, 2013
Last year, the Leadership Council of the Friendship Club hosted its first Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser and Raffle. A few adult mentors provided guidance, but the girls did all the work. This year, one of their own stepped up to take on the leadership of this event as her senior project. Friendship Club senior Jasmine Aebersold has been leading her peers through the planning of the event and will continue to do so until the completion of the event.
The Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser will be from 5 to 8 p.m. March 29 in the dining room of the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Tickets may be purchased at http://friendshipclub.org. To-go orders will be available as well. In addition to a dinner of spaghetti, salad, bread, dessert and drink, there will be a raffle of local donated items.
For information, contact Denise Tambasco at 530-264-4311 or visit http://.friendshipclub.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public