Oceans and fish topic of presentation Wednesday
October 15, 2012
Oceans and fish to be topic
Dr. Lisa Thompson will discuss the impact of global climate change on water and oceans, including the expected effects on salmon and other fish, in a free seminar Wednesday. Thompson is a fisheries biologist specializing in California's inland and seagoing fish for the Cooperative Extension office of the University of California, Davis. A key goal of her research into the many factors that affect fish populations is to develop better ways to manage fisheries and encourage the adoption of those practices. Thompson's talk starts at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday and finishes with a question-and-answer period until 10:45 a.m. It's at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., near downtown. Coffee and goodies will be served at 9 a.m.
Her presentation is part of the latest Contemporary Issues speakers series at the church. For information, contact Carol and Bob Lenhard at (530) 274-4477 or David Baker at (530) 432-8935. The church can be reached at (530) 273-9631.
— Submitted to The Union
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- 1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained