October 21, 2013
Nicole Pollack, director of the Nevada County Department of Social Services, will be the presenter at this week's discussion of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, hosted by the Contemporary Issues Study Group.
The free presentation starts at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., Grass Valley (near downtown). Coffee and baked goods will be served at 9 a.m.
On Oct. 30, presenters include Dr. Frank Lang Jr. of Western Sierra Medical Clinic (Miners' Clinic) and Dr. Daniel Bibelheimer, medical director of Sierra Nevada Medical Associates in Grass Valley.
On Nov. 6, representatives from HICAP health insurance counseling and advocacy program will discuss how Obamacare will affect Medicare.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance