October 21, 2013
Nicole Pollack, director of the Nevada County Department of Social Services, will be the presenter at this week’s discussion of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, hosted by the Contemporary Issues Study Group.
The free presentation starts at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., Grass Valley (near downtown). Coffee and baked goods will be served at 9 a.m.
On Oct. 30, presenters include Dr. Frank Lang Jr. of Western Sierra Medical Clinic (Miners’ Clinic) and Dr. Daniel Bibelheimer, medical director of Sierra Nevada Medical Associates in Grass Valley.
On Nov. 6, representatives from HICAP health insurance counseling and advocacy program will discuss how Obamacare will affect Medicare.
Trending In: News Briefs
- YRCS Education Foundation ‘Fun Run’ partners with Sierra Harvest
- Drone View: Nevada City’s brilliant fall colors captured over Pioneer Park Sunday
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) wait list is open
- Nevada County teachers awarded grants for classrooms