NSJ Senior Center fundraiser a tasty success
February 20, 2013
The large turnout at the North San Juan Senior Center fundraiser on Feb. 16 has prompted organizers to plan an "Evening in Tuscany" on April 20. Saturday's event included Colombian cuisine, presented in three courses, with South American wines, Chef Edison Zapata, a native of Colombia, showed the crowd why Colombia is one the 10 best places to visit in 2013. The meal started with a salad, which resembled a prawn cocktail, followed by succulent braised beef with fried plantain, rice and beans, and an authentic chocolate dessert. The senior center was transformed into an elegant dining room with tablecloths and American Music in the background.
Looking forward to our next fund raising gourmet adventure? On Saturday, April 20, Chefs Linda Metcalf and Jerry Nurse, famous for creating party extravaganzas, bring their talents to the North San Juan Senior Center.
The North San Juan Senior Center's Tuesday organic lunch, featuring healthy, affordable lunches, is becoming a community occasion. The $6 meals are served from noon to 1 p.m. and a vegetarian dish is always available. The center also has a Thursday lunch, prepared by the kitchen wizards of Nevada County. This lunch is $3 for seniors and $7 for everyone else.
Available for all occasions, the entire senior center is available for rent at reasonable rental rates, which includes a USDA commercial kitchen. For more information, call 530-277-0169.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier