Nordic Skiers of Nevada County to meet today
November 6, 2013
The first meeting of the season for Nordic Skiers of Nevada County will take place today. The guest speaker will be Zinnia Windholz, a volunteer with Sierra Regional Ski For Light (SRSFL). Zinnia will give a presentation about the organization and the activities they provide for vision-impaired and blind skiers. This is the fourth year Zinnia and her husband, Ken, have been snowshoe guides for SRSFL. The organization has been providing activities on the snow for over 20 years. Most of these activities have been centered in the Truckee Tahoe area, featuring cross county skiing and snowshoeing. Most participants are beginners, but one of the more advanced participants completed the 30 kilometer Great Ski Race.
This meeting of the season will be at Seaman's Lodge, Pioneer Park, in Nevada City. Doors open at 5:45 p.m.; the potluck begins at 6:15 p.m. The program will start at 7 p.m. The club welcomes all interested persons to come to the meeting for the potluck or just for the program. For more information on Sierra Regional Ski For Light, visit http://srsfl.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum