Nonprofit community garden wish list
September 2, 2013
The new Community Garden at the nonprofit Spirit Peer Empowerment Center is in need of various materials. The new project on the five-acre grounds is designed to bring members of the community together with peer counselors at the center, who help those with mental health challenges. The Community Garden's wish list includes: hoes, organic soil, a pick ax, loppers, bulbs (preferably tulip, daffodil or garlic), pruning shears, saw, wire cutters and gardening gloves.
Donors may call the center to arrange to drop off items between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. For more information, call Marsha Lanier at 530-274-1431 or visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Donations being accepted for Dr. Martin medical scholarship
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say