Nonprofit community garden wish list
September 2, 2013
The new Community Garden at the nonprofit Spirit Peer Empowerment Center is in need of various materials. The new project on the five-acre grounds is designed to bring members of the community together with peer counselors at the center, who help those with mental health challenges. The Community Garden's wish list includes: hoes, organic soil, a pick ax, loppers, bulbs (preferably tulip, daffodil or garlic), pruning shears, saw, wire cutters and gardening gloves.
Donors may call the center to arrange to drop off items between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. For more information, call Marsha Lanier at 530-274-1431 or visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- Craft Guild’s ‘Winterfaire’ this weekend at Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation