Nonprofit community garden wish list
September 2, 2013
The new Community Garden at the nonprofit Spirit Peer Empowerment Center is in need of various materials. The new project on the five-acre grounds is designed to bring members of the community together with peer counselors at the center, who help those with mental health challenges. The Community Garden's wish list includes: hoes, organic soil, a pick ax, loppers, bulbs (preferably tulip, daffodil or garlic), pruning shears, saw, wire cutters and gardening gloves.
Donors may call the center to arrange to drop off items between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. For more information, call Marsha Lanier at 530-274-1431 or visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire