NJUHSD to hold board of trustees meeting
April 8, 2014
The Nevada Joint Union High School District's board of trustees will meet at 5;15 p.m. Wednesday. The meeting be held at the Silver Springs High School on the 100 block of Park Avenue in Grass Valley.
Items to be discussed on the agenda are the potential expulsions of three students, the naming of the Nevada Union High School pool, and collective bargaining with the Nevada Joint Union High School Teachers Association.
The board will also give time to discuss the service of close to 20 district employees who plan to retire by the end of the current school year. Hiring of several employees for summer contract positions will also be discussed, including the district's first SAT summer prep program which will be headed by two staff that will be approved at the meeting.
Also on Wednesday's agenda is a vote to approve the Craig Zetterberg Memorial Scholarship Award, named after the late NU teacher and coach. The scholarship was donated by Zetterberg's family and will give $1,000 for each of four years for a female Nevada Union High School graduate who is a member of the NU Water polo team, and attending an accredited two- or four-year college or vocational school.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party