NJUHSD to hold board of trustees meeting
April 8, 2014
The Nevada Joint Union High School District's board of trustees will meet at 5;15 p.m. Wednesday. The meeting be held at the Silver Springs High School on the 100 block of Park Avenue in Grass Valley.
Items to be discussed on the agenda are the potential expulsions of three students, the naming of the Nevada Union High School pool, and collective bargaining with the Nevada Joint Union High School Teachers Association.
The board will also give time to discuss the service of close to 20 district employees who plan to retire by the end of the current school year. Hiring of several employees for summer contract positions will also be discussed, including the district's first SAT summer prep program which will be headed by two staff that will be approved at the meeting.
Also on Wednesday's agenda is a vote to approve the Craig Zetterberg Memorial Scholarship Award, named after the late NU teacher and coach. The scholarship was donated by Zetterberg's family and will give $1,000 for each of four years for a female Nevada Union High School graduate who is a member of the NU Water polo team, and attending an accredited two- or four-year college or vocational school.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance