NID water lines extended to Rattlesnake Road
April 25, 2013
Treated water is now available in the Rattlesnake Road-Wheeler Cross Road area near Grass Valley, following a water line extension project completed this month by the Nevada Irrigation District.
NID and area property owners shared costs in extending a 16-inch main line from Dog Bar Road, across Wheeler Cross Road to the Rattlesnake Road intersection and 1,000 feet north on Rattlesnake Road.
The job, including about 3,000 feet of new pipe and three new fire hydrants, was completed for NID by C&D Contractors Inc. of Nevada City. New pavement overlay has been added throughout the project area.
Chip Close, NID's interim water operations manager, said the project progressed rapidly through planning, design and construction after contracts were signed with participating property owners.
"Our new customers were receiving water within nine months," he said. "Our contractor was able to take advantage of the dry weather and good working conditions this winter."
Officials said the new pipeline is part of the district's master plan and can eventually be extended across Rattlesnake Road to existing pipelines near Highway 174, depending on public demand.
District maintenance crews are now installing new water meters at the 13 parcels that participated in the water line extension project.
Area residents with questions about NID water public water supplies may contact NID Business Coordinator Shannon Matteoni at 530-273-6185.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball