Newcomers Club hosts annual holiday luncheon
November 18, 2013
The Nevada County Newcomers Club will host its annual holiday luncheon and program Dec. 4 at the Alta Sierra Country Club. The luncheon begins at 11:45 a.m. with doors opening at 11 a.m. Cost of the luncheon and program is $25. Reservations are required for this popular event.
The program is designed to kick off the holiday season with music by the Sierra Master Chorale Quartet. They will be singing a selection of popular Christmas carols with selected sing-alongs for all to join in. In addition, there will be a short program on the Newcomers Club Christmas Families Project, a endeavor by the club to provide Christmas gifts for the area's needy children. Donations to help us reach our goal of providing a merry Christmas for 100 needy children will be accepted.
To learn more about the Nevada County Newcomers Club, which is open to all women regardless of how long they have lived in the county, and to get information on the luncheon, call 530-478-1114 or 530-470-9191.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house